Take your FNCE® virtual experience to the next level by attending a variety of sessions and activities designed just for you by the Academy and the Committee for the Lifelong Learning. In addition to educational sessions, Learning Lounge, posters and inspiring keynote sessions, here are just a few of the activities for students during FNCE®.
Check Out the Student Center
Take advantage of the virtual Student Center, where you can represent your school and connect with fellow students and practicing RDNs and NDTRs. Join your peers at the Student Center and access resources that will help you get a jumpstart on your career, including presentations, discussions and Q&As on topics such as:
- Resume best practices with tips and guidance on setting yourself up for success
- Information on DICAS and the internship application process
- Passing the exam tips and details from CDR
- Scholarship and Grants available from the Academy Foundation
The Student Center also offers additional opportunities from the Academy, such as Academy Group memberships with affiliates, DPGs and MIGs; ANDPAC Public Policy Initiatives; making the most of Academy Student Membership and much more!
Participate in Foundation Events
Whether you’re up for a FNCE® 5K, a fancy No-Show Foundation Gala, scoring some swag at the Silent Auction or making an appearance at the President’s Party with a Purpose, there are many ways to support the Foundation. The Foundation is the largest provider of dietetic student scholarships—and when you participate in a Foundation virtual event, you are helping empower future practitioners to create a world where all people thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition.
Network with Other Students and Professionals
In addition to the events listed on the Student Center, there are many opportunities for students to network and connect at FNCE®. Check out the Conference Calendar for a complete list of activities!
Explore the Expo
Visit exhibitor booths to explore products and services, ask questions, book an appointment with a representative, gather product information, view videos, obtain educational resources and sign up for prizes and giveaways.
Advocate for Strong Nutrition Policy
Stop by the FNCE® Advocacy Center to learn more about the Academy’s policy initiatives, how you can take action on critical issues, donate to Eat Right Advocacy and more!
Student Center Schedule (all times Central)
Sunday, Oct. 17
Monday, Oct. 18
Tuesday, Oct. 19
Attend a Variety of Sessions
While student attendees have access to all learning sessions, keynote sessions, poster sessions and the Learning Lounge, hand-picked programming relevant to students includes:
- Cart to Counter: Leveraging Personality Data and Technology to Boost the Grocery Experience
- Food Addiction and Psychosocial Adversity: Biological Embedding, Contextual Factors, and Public Health Implications
- Show Your Plate: Cultural Adaptations to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- The Conundrum of Diabetes Care: It’s More Than Counting Carbs
- Body Image and Cultural Compassion: Reimagining Nutrition Intervention
- Asian Cuisine: A Conversation on Regional Cooking Techniques & Recipes
- NOLA Spotlight: Culinary Innovations in Restaurants, Markets & Therapeutic Food Pantries
- Intermittent Fasting and Chrononutrition for Health: Who, Why, and How?
- Sustainable Diets: Understanding the Landscape of an Emerging Research Area
- Ethical Implications of Supplement Sales and Recommendations
- Hydroponic Gardening in the Classroom: Benefits, Challenges, and Triumphs
- Moving Evidence-Based Guidelines from Paper to Practice
- Plant-Based Meat Alternatives Versus Meat for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Leading Policy, System and Environmental Change Through the Power of Coalition
Educators: Show Your School Spirit! Register Students for FNCE® 2021
Give your students an opportunity to enhance their future career in nutrition and dietetics by encouraging them to register for FNCE® 2021. The Academy will recognize five dietetics education programs, one for each program type: Didactic Program in Dietetics, Dietetic Internship, Coordinated Program in Dietetics, Dietetic Technician Program, and Future Education Model Graduate program. The five programs that bring the highest percentage of students to FNCE® will have the opportunity for a virtual VIP Meet and Greet after FNCE® with Academy President Kevin Sauer, PhD, RDN, LD, FAND and the Board of Directors! Learn more.