ACEND Forum: Partnership Models Under the Future Education Model
Shifting to a competency-based education model under the Future Education Model Accreditation Standards can enhance the preparation of students for future nutrition and dietetics practice. The partnership concept between a university and a free-standing dietetic internship program is novel in dietetics and many programs are struggling to conceptualize its elements. This session will explore the implementation of one of the first partnerships under the future education model with its integrated, competency-based education. Two experienced program directors will showcase best practices on how they collaborated to form a partnership between two independent institutions. Strategies used to effectively reorganize two existing nutrition and dietetics program under the Future Education Model Accreditation Standards partnership guidelines and unique and innovative ways for collaboration on how to assess competence will be shared.
- Identify ways to reorganize existing nutrition and dietetics programs to meet the Future Education Model Standards.
- Describe how a partnership program is initiated as a demonstration program under the Future Education Model Standards.
- Implement proven strategies to overcome challenges in becoming a partnership.
- 2.2.3 Identifies opportunities for shared benefit and/or vision.
- 9.1.4 Evaluates factors that influence the learning process and skill building.
- 9.3.5 Uses a variety of strategies to deliver education
Director of Dietetic Internship, Chair ACEND Board