An Educators Toolkit: Developing High-Quality and Competency-Based Online Nutrition Education
If 2020 has taught us anything, it is that we need to be innovative and adaptable in our teaching. Come to this session to learn how to transform your face-to-face classes into an engaging online experience. Evidence will be presented to demonstrate the effectiveness of high-quality online design on student learning outcomes. This comprehensive presentation will provide you with the tools, techniques, and theoretical constructs to deliver high-quality, competency-focused online nutrition education. We will highlight five evidence-based tips on how to avoid common course design flaws. The presenters will also discuss how to optimize accessibility, understand literacy levels of your online content, and how to incorporate technology to achieve competencies (e.g. simulation). Join us to enhance your online nutrition education deliverables in this all-encompassing session.
- Explain the value and effectiveness of high-quality online nutrition education content on student learning outcomes.
- Compose high-quality and accessible online nutrition education content (e.g. webinars, handouts, presentations, courses).
- Articulate strategies to create competency-based instructional materials and modalities.
- 9.2.2 Determines and takes into consideration the literacy and readability needs of individuals, groups and populations.
- 9.2.3 Applies educational theories and uses assessment results for planning process and development of materials and teaching aids.
- 9.4.4 Selects and uses appropriate content and teaching methods to meet individual and group needs
CUNY LEHMAN COLLEGE