Navigating Professional Roadblocks Using Persuasive Communication Skills
We’ve all been told “NO!” in the professional world. Is that always the end of the road? This session will help you drive through professional roadblocks and navigate oncoming challenges by communicating more effectively. Persuasive communications skills are vital for expanding existing relationships and getting that “YES!” response you’re striving for. Whether you’re discussing a controversial idea, pitching a product or offering a professional service, learning to be more persuasive is vital to reaching your destination. The speakers will help audience members customize their message to engage potential partners, listen with intention, negotiate desirable outcomes by asking the right questions and fully engage others to close the distance between their goals and their listener’s mindset.
- Demonstrate techniques to improve personal persuasive communication skills that transform viewpoints.
- Customize unique messages to improve collaborative relationships across multiple settings.
- Evaluate and adapt approaches in difficult situations to achieve desired outcomes.
- 2.1.2 Identifies and addresses barriers to effective communication.
- 2.2.2 Delivers information and opinions in a respectful and professional manner
- 4.2.1 Identifies potential or existing opportunities and challenges.
Director School Nutrition Program
Burke County Board of Education