Using Digital Health to Enhance Reach and Personalization of Weight Management Interventions
Advances in technology can be used to foster the development and maintenance of healthy eating and physical activity habits that are important to weight management. Digital health interventions, which use information and communications technologies to manage health conditions and promote wellness, have the ability to expand the reach and personalization of interventions due to the ability to collect information and provide feedback in real time. This session will review research regarding the ability of digital health interventions to enhance the reach of adult weight management programs, and how adult weight management intervention can be personalized using just-in-time adaptive interventions. Consumer technology products that measure dietary intake and physical activity will be reviewed, and factors that nutrition professionals should take into account when evaluating these products for use in practice will be described.
- Identify how digital health can expand the reach of adult weight management programs.
- Describe how just-in-time adaptive interventions can personalize interventions.
- Evaluate consumer technology products for use in adult weight management practice.
- 5.1.10 Uses health informatic tools to support client access to nutrition and dietetics services and education.
- 9.1.2 Identifies and works to minimize and overcome barriers to learning.
- 9.4.6 Demonstrates competent use of technology to enhance learning experiences and the delivery of information
Pennington Biomedical Research Center – Louisiana State University System