Leveraging Partnerships to Improve Nutrition Education Programs for Disadvantaged Communities
Reducing chronic diseases and health disparities in disadvantaged communities through innovative culturally focused nutrition programming that emphasizes authentic nutrition education and advocacy by practitioners and experts.
- Identify practical ways to provide effective, culturally sensitive nutrition education to disadvantaged and minority communities.
- Explain strategic methods to collaborate or partner with programs such as, wellness industries, schools, government, and Medicaid Programs.
- Describe effective advocacy strategies for influencing community nutrition policies to further reduce racial inequities and health disparities in minority and disadvantaged communities.
- 12.3.3 Takes into consideration any population and environmental disparities (health, availability, finances, access) when developing programs.
- 9.3.4 Takes into consideration the cultural needs of audiences and makes appropriate modifications to education materials.
- 1.7.6 Applies knowledge of health determinants when planning, developing and implementing services, programs, interventions,
meal plans and menus.
Lehman College, City University of New York