Foundation Symposium: The Critical Role of Nutrition and Its Impact on Stress
The human body is incredibly sophisticated, and its well-being can be impacted by a multitude of factors every day, including stress. Certain levels of stress in life are normal and inevitable, however people who manage their day to day stress and show more resilience in coping, tend to be healthier. The foods we choose and our daily quality and quantity of sleep influence how our bodies will respond in a stressful situation. Learn which lifestyle interventions, including identifying nutrient gaps and strategies for dosing for your patients with specific nutrients that can support overall balance in your body to help build and maintain resilience against stress. This session will focus on managing stress, and all the ways it impacts your health. It will also explore the most up to date science as it relates to nutrition with recommended nutritional and lifestyle approaches to optimize wellbeing.
Sponsored by Nature Made®
- Define how essential nutrient gaps impact important biochemical pathways in multiple body systems that regulate stress, sleep and mood.
- Determine how a lack of quality sleep can lead to physical and emotional stress, that if not managed, can lead to chronic health issues.
- Connect lifestyle habits including diet, exercise and sleep, to their impact on chronic stress and recognize ways to implement healthy behaviors for optimal well-being.
- 8.1.5 Demonstrates knowledge of nutrient requirements throughout the lifespan, and their role in health promotion and disease prevention.
- 8.2.4 Integrates new knowledge of disease states and clinical conditions into practice.
- 8.3.6 Evaluates sport/dietary supplements (safety, legality, efficacy, quality, application to sport) and considers evidence-based reviews and testing by reputable third parties before recommending sports/dietary supplements.