The Post-Pandemic Workforce Challenge: Recruitment, Retention, and Reimagining Your Career Possibilities
Are you struggling with workforce challenges or curious about the job market? The pandemic has intensified common workforce issues on top of creating new ones. Today’s environment of unfilled positions and staffing shortages, coupled with adapting to unfamiliar work processes and a host of other factors, is leading to staff burnout and contributing to increased turnover. Finding and keeping the right team members is vital in this current environment. Our expert panel, representing a wide segment of the workforce where food and nutrition professionals are employed, will discuss proven recruitment strategies to entice ideal candidates as well as creative retention strategies that stick. Join us as we discuss these critical topics from the viewpoint of both the hiring manager and the food and nutrition professional looking to find the perfect job to promote personal career goals.
Planned by the Committee for Lifelong Learning
- Outline the current food and nutrition workforce landscape and challenges.
- Develop successful and creative strategies to recruit and retain employees in a variety of settings throughout the continuum of care.
- Utilize the panel discussion to leverage your personal career path.
- 14.4.2 Recruits staff based on required competence and qualifications in order to ensure safe and optimal delivery of service.
- 14.4.9 Takes into consideration individual and organizational culture and behaviors when planning and managing.
- 3.2.4 Encourages others to engage in personal and professional development activities for career growth and skill enhancement.
Senior Improvement Specialist
UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside
Regional Clinical Nutrition Manager
Foundations Health Solutions
System Director of Food & Nutrition Services
Healthcare Marketing Manager
Gordon Food Service