The Foundation will be hosting two exclusive lectures at their booth during FNCE®. To join these free events, please visit the Foundation booth located in the Academy HQ, where the link to the events will be provided.
Foundation Fellowships: Advancing the Profession, Public Health, and Strategic Priorities
During this event, Academy members will learn about the Foundation’s Fellowship program and the impact Foundation fellows have had on the profession. Participants will get an inside look at the Foundation’s application for the new Advancing the Practice in Nutrition and Dietetics: Doctoral Standards Fellowship, which is open through November 22, as well as a sneak peek at an upcoming fellowship opportunity opening on Monday, October 18. A current fellow will also provide a sneak peek on her fellowship project and tips on how to optimize your fellowship application.
Date and Time: Monday, October 18, 12:45 – 1:30 p.m. Central
- Kathy Wilson-Gold, MS, RDN, LD, FAND, Former Chair, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
- Betsy Anderson Steeves, PhD, RD, Accelerating Food Security Fellow, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
- Understand the impact of the Foundation’s fellowship program, including fellowship projects that are addressing emerging areas of need for the profession
- Increase knowledge of the Foundation’s fellowship application process and requirements
- Describe the research-in-progress currently being conducted to highlight innovative solutions from food banks to meet the increased needs during the COVID-19 pandemic
Foundation Scholarships: Setting Yourself Up for Success
During this event, students and educators will learn more about the Foundation’s scholarship application process and how to make their applications stand out to reviewers. By attending the event, recipients will expand their knowledge surrounding what Foundation scholarships they may be eligible for, get a ‘behind the scenes’ look into the Foundation’s scholarship program, and get special, early access to the Foundation’s new Scholarship Application Checklist.
Date and Time: Sunday, October 17, 1:45 – 2:30 p.m. Central
- Dorothy Chen-Maynard, PhD, RD, FAND, Scholarship Chair 2022-2023, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
- Martha Rew, MS, RDN, LD, Associate Clinical Professor and Dietetic Internship Director, Texas Woman’s University
- Adrian Boulter, MS, RDN, LDN, Fundraising Chair, Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Understand the Foundation’s application process, eligibility requirements, and application requirements and learn how to navigate the Foundation’s scholarship application portal
- Demonstrate the Foundation’s impact with students and credentialed practitioners through its scholarship program and expand knowledge of the Foundation’s vast scholarship opportunities
- Apply exclusive tips and insights to optimize your 2022-2023 scholarship application